This website may raise difficult emotional issues and if you would like to talk to a support person we continue to be here for those survivors who need us. For wellbeing support, get in touch with us on freephone 0800 222 727 or text 8185 during weekday hours.
Also, below is a list of some of the telephone helplines or services that offer support, information and help. All services are free.
- Alcohol and Drug Helpline 0800 787 797 or online chat for people dealing with an alcohol or other drug problem; 10 am to 10 pm)
- Anxiety phone line 0800 269 4389 (0800 ANXIETY)
- Depression Helpline 0800 111 757 or free text 4202 (to talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions)
- Family Services 211 Helpline 0800 211 211 for help finding (and direct transfer to) community based health and social support services in your area.
- Lifeline 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP)
- Need to talk? Free call or text 1737 any time for support from a trained counsellor
- OUTline NZ 0800 688 5463 (OUTLINE) provides confidential telephone support for sexuality or gender identity issues; 9 am to 9 pm weekdays, and 6 pm to 8 pm weekends)
- Rape Crisis 0800 883 300 (for support after rape or sexual assault)
- Safe to talk (Available 24/7) 0800 044 334, free txt 4334, email email@example.com, live webchat on www.safetotalk.nz. Free and confidential information and support from trained counsellors for people affected by sexual harm in any way.
- Samaritans 0800 726 666
Skylight, 0800 299 100 for trauma, loss and grief; 9am–5pm weekdays
- Suicide Crisis Helpline 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- Supporting Families in Mental Illness For families and whānau supporting a loved one who has a mental illness. Auckland 0800 732 825.
- Victim Support This free service provides emotional and practical support, information, financial assistance, referral to other support services and advocacy for the rights of victims.
- Youthline 0800 376 633, free text 234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or online chat
Find a lawyer
Request personal information
Relevant Government agencies