This Inquiry is for anyone who was abused in State or faith-based care as a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
Types of abuse
Abuse can be:
What does 'in State or faith-based care' mean?
A person is in care if they are away from their whānau or family. Some examples are:
- In a children's home
- Fostered or adopted out
- In a youth justice placement
- In psychiatric care
- In any disability care or facility
- At a health camp
- At any school or special school
- At any early childhood centre
- In police cells, court cells or police custody
- In transport between different care facilities
- In a church or with a religious group (can be any religion or faith)